Sunday, September 29, 2002

kids fuh-reakin' rule.

the day of my cousin's baptism. at church, as a godparent of louella, i know i look glum before the congregation, but it's not a forced attitude. roman catholicism is still funny to me, but i don't mock it, i just mug it. i see linda and rommel at church, not together, of course. even in a church setting, linda's glow can still make me smile.

the reception is good. it is a buffet, and i get loaded, of food no less. my other cousin, ailen (sp?), is such a cool kid. he's not even two years old yet, and i already know he's going to grow up to be a genius. you can teach little kids to do cute things, but all of the things that qualifies ailen to be so cool are his own natural idiosyncrasies, and fucking smarts. chrome-plated top-teeth lou makes me tired, because he runs around a lot, and he's getting bigger. the rest of my cousins are cool too, but we're not very close, because i haven't known them for very long. they are from my mom's side of the family, which is weird, because i haven't been around this many relatives from my mom's side, not since i was last in the philippines. i guess a lot of my mom's cousin's have moved to the u.s., but none of my mom's brothers or sisters have, so i don't have any first cousins in the u.s. kids, kids, kids!

at walmart, i see elaine, and i buy black ticonderoga pencils, 0.7 bic mechanicals, and a 80 page notebook with a frog on it.

i'm sick of pizza. i can't wait until school tomorrow, because it's the beginning of something new again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home