Sunday, February 09, 2003

going to the comic con was pretty cool. i left my house at 9:00 am and took the 101 down there all by myself. i'm so giddy by my own independence. i dressed warmly (my first scarf-wearing of the year!). i bought a lot of comic books, because there was a comic stand there which had a 5/$1 bargin. i also found the first issue of savage dragon there for it's cover price of $1.95, and i got it signed by it's creator, erik larsen.

the people who attend comic book conventions are typically at the edges of social extremes. punks, squares, and 40 year old virgins. those who did bring children as proof of the crazy notion that nerds do in fact, breed, were still on the hunt for comics from the silver age.

luckily, i'm not a complete comic geek. i think. at least my body is in shape, and i don't wear eyeglasses with a scary beard.

all in all, it was a journey well traveled.

when i got home at around 3:45 pm (i transferred from the 101 to the 106 to take the scenic route home), i watched death to smoochy. that movie is twisted, but good nonetheless. it made me want to dance after i saw it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home