Tuesday, May 27, 2003

on saturday i went to the library and picked up some things that i had on hold. so i basically a good amount of my weekend watching at least half of spike lee's generally afrocentric yet stunning filmography, including school daze, crooklyn, mo' better blues, clockers, the original kings of comedy, as well as bamboozled which i had seen before. i forgot how good that movie was though. who says charlie baltimore isn't hot?

heh.

i also watched alice's restaurant, a film about hippies, which was reasonably entertaining, as well as american yakuza with viggo mortensen, which i could have very well done without of.

i think the real prize of this weekend, however, was watching all about my mother. it was my first pedro almodovar, and definitely won't be my last. i saw it with my mom, and she gave it better context than had i watched it by myself.

today i woke up at 5:45 am and didn't eat anything except for a handful of wheat thins until 5:30 pm. when i took my three hour nap afterschool, i had some crazy dreams, most likely due to my hunger.

it's time to go stand in front of the sunset and smile at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home