Thursday, April 29, 2004

i helped mom take dad to the hospital. he's got some sort of ailment that ends with the "itis" suffix, but we think he's going to be okay.

sometimes i forget that my parents aren't immortal, and someday they won't be here to protect me from this cruel and harsh world, nor be here to be my cruel and harsh world. honestly, when i look at my mom and dad, i don't see aging human bodies, i see the vitality of my caretakers of when they were in their early thirties; indeed, my earliest recollection of them is what i see now, unlike how the rest of the world sees them.

i think there comes a point in a lot of people's lives where their parents are unable to take care of them any longer, and a role reversal takes place where the children have to start taking care of the parents in their old age. i hope i can squeeze a good amount of years before my reality switches from the former to the latter, because really, i'm just a big baby. but i ain't a baby who's going to stick his moms and pops in a retirement home, not if i have the resources to provide otherwise.

oh yes, this week's episode of the o.c. had some neat little plot twists. you could tell they were building up to the next show, which is the season finale. i hear jem is going to guest star and do a cover of a paul mccartney song on that episode. kids, it's going to be radical.

and i fucking hate it when motherfuckers on soulseek cancel my downloads, especially when i'm more than half-way done downloading an album. where's the humanity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home